The Detroit Free Press, April 7, 1910
Robert Ruffles and his wife came to the Village of Denton from their native England just before the Civil War. The village, not to be confused with Denton Township, was located along the southside of Michigan Avenue between Denton Road and the Michigan Central Railroad tracks. Besides the cemetery only a few structures remain. The couple had no children and when taken by poor health and old age, retired to the Poorhouse as denizens of the County Ward.