Monday, November 30, 2015

Former Prosecuting Attorney Begs to Go Back to Eloise

The Detroit Free Press, January 6, 1914
Edward Minock had a successful career as a private and prosecuting attorney but no luck keeping his wits. Plagued with bouts of melancholia he begged the Wayne County Court to put him in the asylum where he had previous stints. When refused on grounds of overcrowding he begged to be sent to jail. He was also denied that option for the exact same reason.

I was unable to find a follow-up to this decision but did manage to locate an obituary which posted in the Free Press exactly 5 years after this one. There is no mention of his Eloise days and simply states that he passed away at his home at 1778 East Grand Boulevard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping up with this blog for about 1 or 2 years now. The comment section is quiet, but I wanted to let you know that what you're doing is extremely cool and I've been telling a lot of my friends about this site.
Thanks for putting this out there.

the said...

Thank you. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to post in the past few months due to work. I'll try to correct that with my 6 days off.