Monday, November 16, 2015

Frances Whittaker Shipped to Ionia

Fourteenth Biennial Report of the Michigan State Board of Corrections and Charities, 1897-98
I was preoccupied with the care of my daughter this past weekend and figured that I should get something written now that I've taken leave. Since I haven't had time to research I am revisiting material that I found weeks ago while searching for Lulu Terpening.

One of the more useful pieces of information was provided by the 1897-98 publication "Fourteenth Biennial Report of the Michigan State Board of Corrections and Charities." So I followed that path and found a few other patients who resided at the Wayne County Asylum and were transferred to Ionia because of their dangerous tendencies. Frances Whittaker was one such case. Unfortunately, I can find no further writings concerning her. However, I did find her death certificate which shows that she remained at Ionia for the rest of her life.

No comments: