Monday, January 2, 2017

The Colorization of Eloise: The Bakery, 1966?


I've always liked this photo and colorizing it hasn't changed that fact. I purposely lightened the version above to show more details of the wall behind them for anybody trying to reconstruct the building with toothpicks or who is OCD about such things. The original colorized, black and white and back of the photos follow my notes.

The photo was published in the Detroit News in July of 1966 though the Friends of Eloise people adamantly claim that the bakery closed in 1960. It seems highly unlikely to me that if it was a retrospective piece that they'd chose the bakery as a focal point but what do I know? They have also insisted that other records and newspapers that I have found are incorrect because they don't match up with their printed publications.

No comments: